Why buy from 10 acre farm?
- When you buy from us, you become a part of a community. We wouldn’t be in business without each and every one of you, and we are so honored you choose to purchase our products! We provide those in our loyalty program with extra goodies and we love to share your photos and videos on our social media channels! You can tag us @10acrefarm to be featured.
- We use high quality materials made in the USA. This includes wax grown from US soybeans, phthalate-free fragrances, and we do not use any additives or dyes.
- We produce all of our items in small batches to ensure you receive the best possible candle.
- 10 acre farm helps the planet. We’re a part of 1% for the Planet® and only use materials that are reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable.
- We’re a Michigan-focused brand, creating products based off experiences of Michiganders and we take pride in working with other Michigan small businesses.
- We listen to our customers. We want to make sure our products and services are making you happy, and if they’re not, you have the opportunity to provide feedback that influences our decisions.
- Our candles burn cleaner - Brittany got into candle making because she loved candles, but store bought ones usually gave her headaches. Our candle scents will complement a room without overpowering it and are made with simple ingredients.
- Each purchase supports our 10 acre farm, where we raise animals with as much compassion as we will raise our own kiddos, and where we grow lots of fruits and veggies.
How do I take care of my candle?
Each time you order a candle from us, you’ll receive a candle care card with the following information:
- Burn your candle for at least two hours on the first use
- Allow the candle wax to melt all the way to the sides of the jar to avoid tunneling
- Trim the candle wick to 1/4" before each use
- Do not burn the candle for more than four hours
- Follow the safety instructions on the bottom of the candle jar
Shipping is $7.95 unless you order $70 or more of products - then it's free! :)
During the winter and any other cooler months, we will ship Monday-Friday. During the summer and any other warm months, we primarily ship on Monday and Tuesday (and Wednesday if nearby). This is so customers can receive the best quality candle. Shipping in the middle of the week or later risks the candle being stuck in a warehouse or truck over the weekend, leading to extended exposure to heat, which could melt some of the candle wax.
You will receive a shipping notification once your order leaves our studio.
If at any point your order is returned to us due to incorrect address input, the customer will be responsible for paying the cost for us to re-ship it to you. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Unless there is a candle defect, we generally do not offer returns or exchanges. We do our best to explain the complexities of each fragrance in their product descriptions and we’re always happen to answer your questions before you make a purchase.
We hope to add flexibility to this policy in the future, but we are a young small business that’s working hard to grow, so we hope you understand this policy. Luckily, candles make great gifts and likely one of your friends or family will enjoy the scent!
If you’re a Michigander or visiting this lovely state, we’d love to have you come by our booth at an upcoming fair. You can smell each and every candle in our collections!
In the future, we will be offering sample packs of our scents. Stay tuned!
What are you doing to help the environment?
All of our shipping materials are recyclable or biodegradable and our candle jars are reusable. You can read more specific details about our materials here.
We also are a member of 1% for the Planet®, which means we contribute at least 1% of our annual revenue to environmentally-focused nonprofits. To learn more about 1% for the Planet® and review how they reduce greenwashing, click here.
We further support environmental charities by hosting fundraiser days a couple times per year, where 100% of profits from sales made that day go to selected charities.
Where else can I purchase from 10 acre farm?
Our candles are available from coast to coast! Here is a list of our current stockists.
We also take part in several craft fairs and artisan markets throughout the year. Our schedule can be found here.
Is there another store you’d like to see us in? Email email@example.com to let us know!
What kind of materials do you use?
Our candles are made from 100% soy wax, derived from soybeans grown in the United States. Our wicks are 100% cotton. Our product labels are made from Kraft Paper. Our wax melts are packaged in glassine paper, which is biodegradable.
All of our shipping materials are recyclable or biodegradable and we're proud to use materials made in the USA. We ship in boxes made from 100% post-consumer waste (meaning it’s made from materials that have already been used at least once). Our tissue paper is made from 100% recycled content and is naturally biodegradable. Our packing peanuts are made from biodegradable starch. We seal our boxes in recyclable and naturally biodegradable tape and use recyclable shipping labels.
Do you have sales?
Yes! We have two big sales: One BOGO sale and one free shipping sale.
We have coupon promotions at various times during the year (follow us on social media to find them out!).
We also have some “Imperfect sales” where we sell candles with minor defects (like a dented lid or blemished label) at half price.
If you visit us at a craft fair, you’re likely to find a special deal specific to that fair.
How often do you release new scents?
We will always have 7+ scents in our signature line all year long. We also have a collection for each of the four seasons, consisting of 2-4 scents per season. As we continue to test new scents throughout the year, we will do some individual releases of candles.
Have a suggestion for a new scent? We’d love to hear it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I collaborate with 10 acre farm?
We’d love to hear your ideas and see if we could partner! Email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you ASAP.